Today was the first of a new schedule for A and me.
The prospects that excite and calm me:
- these are the first steps to a life I want to lead, a me I want to be
- dreams, however big and hairy and audacious and crazy, are actively encouraged
- the incredible and loving support of my husband from whom I draw inspiration
The hard facts that make me sad:
- an end to lazy afternoons with the boom; less time being her momma
- interference with A’s hustle to his dream job
What can I do to tip the balance to only good? Time with boom will be sorely missed, but I can do better with the time we do have. We can go on more adventures. I can join in on her squirrel hunts. I can give her more of me when we’re lounging in her favorite spot: loving her actively instead of browsing the interwebs while barely noticing her sweet sighs. For A, I can use my new position to find him opportunities, to introduce him to go-getters and elevators, to announce his drive and his dedication and his ever-growing skill to the world.